So all of a sudden, seemingly out of the blue, I could not send messages from my outlook. The messages just perpetually sat in my outbox. I tried and tried and tried, and then out of frustration decided to let it be for a day. Then, the next day I tried to send my messages again, and no luck.
Now I have been able to receive messages. So given my business DOES In fact rely on being able to send messages on a timely basis to my clients, I figured it was time to investigate this further.
So I GOOGLED problems sending messages in Outlook and found an article that discussed if you have COMCAST that you might have to switch your outgoing port #. I tried this, and it didn’t work yet. But that got me thinking about the fact that COMCAST was just at my apartment complex working on the internet connection and so I started to put 2 and 2 together and assumed this was related, and that the settings may in fact need to be changed.
So to test the theory, I simply changed my internet connection to tether off of my Verizon Samsung III phone and tapped into the internet that way. LOW AND BEHOND – IT WORKED!!! Messages went flying out of my outbox.
So now I suppose I need to figure out what the correct, new port settings for the outgoing server will be for my comcast landline connection, if I am to continue to use them for the bulk of my internet. Fun.